Screen NETS Drama Development Trainee Programme – applications now open!
Continuing its strong track record providing training for film and TV, Screen NETS is now recruiting for 2 fully funded Drama Development Trainee positions. Screen NETS is funded by Screen Scotland and works in partnership with Screen Academy Scotland/Edinburgh Napier University.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Download and read the Drama Development Trainee Guidelines (PLEASE SEE BELOW)
2. Having read all guidelines, call the Screen NETS recruitment line 0131 455 2818 to request an application.
3. Email the completed application in PDF format along with a current CV and Diversity Monitoring Form to Kay Sheridan, Screen NETS Programme Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the strict deadline of 2pm Friday 13 September 2019.
Applications received after the deadline cannot be accepted.
• Recruitment line open Mon 26th Aug • Deadline for applications 2pm on Fri 13 Sept 2019 • Interviews take place Mon 30th Sept & Tues 1st Oct 2019 • Programme starts Mon 21st Oct 2019 • Programme starts Trainee 1 Mon 21st Oct 2019 • Programme starts Trainee 2 Nov/Dec 2019
Screen NETS recruitment phone line: 0131 455 2818 The line is open from Monday August 26th. Please call Mon-Fri 10.30am-3pm.
Interviews Screen NETS Drama Development Trainee interviews will take place on Monday 30th September and Tuesday 1st of October. YOU MUST be available for both these dates.
Screen NETS Drama Development Trainee Programme Screen NETS is a long running, successful industry driven programme, with strong links to professional practitioners, companies and facilities. Screen NETS trainees gain the contacts, knowledge and understanding to develop a successful freelance career in the film and television industry. We are currently delivering the Screen NETS Craft and Technical Apprenticeship programme, 6 months, on-the-job training in technical, production and design roles for High-end film and TV drama in Scotland which started in May.
We are now recruiting for 2 Drama Development Trainees to learn the full drama development process including script-editing skills.
We are working in partnership with two Glasgow production companies to deliver this programme.
Trainees will spend 36 weeks on placement at one of our partner company working on the development of new and current projects. They will be provided with support and guidance from Screen NETS throughout.
You must be based in Scotland to apply and you should be able to demonstrate that you meet the general and specific criteria for these positions.
Details of the criteria, trainee wage and further information is all included in the Guidelines
Please note: if you are still in further or higher education by 1st October then you are not eligible to apply to Screen NETS as you must be available for full time placements and freelance employment on completion of the programme.
Widening Access, Inclusion and Representation Screen NETS identifies those most talented new entrants to train as future industry professionals and assists them to become work ready by completion of the programme. We aim to assist the industry as they work towards best practice by encouraging inclusion and better representation of our society in its crew and creative practitioners. Applications are therefore particularly encouraged from talented people from groups under-represented in Film and TV, which can include:
• People from a BAME background • People with disabilities • LGBTI people and communities • People from low income backgrounds • People with strong transferable skills but no financial support to establish themselves as a freelancer • People who have no Higher Education Degree but whose work experience can transfer well • People who are the first person in their family and friends of family to enter the industry
People who may already have a degree are also encouraged to apply and should, like all others, be able to demonstrate relevant work outside of study and how it brings value and relevance to what they have learnt on their degree course and to Screen NETS.