Screen NETS Traineeship Programme is OPEN for applications!
Screen NETS on the job training returns! Continuing its strong track record of providing training for film and TV, Screen NETS is recruiting for 6 fully funded traineeships in a range of roles. Screen NETS is funded by Screen Scotland in partnership with Screen Academy Scotland/Edinburgh Napier University.
DEADLINE to apply 1pm Tuesday 12 March 2019
(please see the HOW TO APPLY section at the bottom of this page for details)
Please note: if you are still in further or higher education you are not eligible to apply to Screen NETS as you must be available for freelance employment on completion of the programme.
Screen Academy Scotland is pleased to announce Screen NETS apprenticeship programme, the 6 months, on-the-job training programme in technical, production and design roles for High-end film and TV drama in Scotland. Screen NETS is a long running, successful and industry driven programme, with strong links to professional practitioners, companies and facilities. Screen NETS trainees will potentially gain the contacts, knowledge and understanding to develop a successful freelance career in the film and television industry.
We are now recruiting for 6 technical, production and design trainees. You must be based in Scotland to apply. We are keen to select individuals who are ready to specialise in a specific department. You should have some limited entry-level experience within the industry or have transferrable skills that will meet the criteria for the specific department.
NB: We will soon be recruiting for two development trainees who will work with production companies learning the process of project development. If you are interested please ring us on the Screen NETS helpline (please see bottom of page)
We will be selecting one trainee for each of the following specialisms:
• Production Office Trainee
• Locations Trainee
• Grip Trainee
• Production Accounts Trainee
• Camera Trainee
• Costume Trainee
Will I receive a training wage?
• Screen NETS trainees will be paid the Real Living Wage and will receive a monthly salary of £2145.00 per month before tax and NI deductions at source.
• Screen NETS trainees will be paid monthly at the end of each month.
• A contribution to travel costs to and from the place of work will be available if required.
• A contribution towards childcare or dependent costs is available if required.
• When attached to on the job work placements you will work up to 55 hours a week (5 days a week, 11 hour days).
• When on off the job workshops etc. you will work no more than 40 hours a week.
Widening access and inclusion
Screen NETS identifies those most talented new entrants to train as our future crew, and assists them to become work ready by completion of the programme. We aim to assist the industry towards best practice by encouraging inclusion and better representation of our society in its crew and creative practitioners. Applications are therefore, encouraged from talented people from groups under-represented in Film and TV, which can include:
• People from a BAME background
• Disabled People
• LGBTI people and communities
• People from low income backgrounds
• Women and men in under-represented roles
• People with strong transferable skills but no financial support to establish themselves as a freelancer
• People who have no Higher Education degree but whose work experience can transfer well
• People who are the first person in their family to enter the industry
People who may already have a degree are also strongly encouraged to apply and should, like all others, be able demonstrate general work outside of study and how it brings value and relevance to what they have learnt on their degree course and to Screen NETS.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download full eligibility requirements/guidelines and application form at the bottom of this page.
PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY before applying
One you have read the guidelines, if you’ve still got questions call us on 0131 455 2572 weekdays 10.30am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4pm from Friday February 15th.
DEADLINE for receipt of completed applications is 1pm Tuesday 12 March 2019
Applications received after this date and time will not be considered.
Please EMAIL your completed Application, current CV and Diversity Monitoring Form (PDF Format Only) to:
Catherine Aitken, Screen NETS Delivery Manager - email@example.com
If you prefer you may send hard copies by post. Please ensure they arrive by the stated deadline:
Catherine Aitken, Screen NETS Delivery Manager
Screen Academy Scotland, 2A Merchiston Avenue, Edinburgh, EH10 4NU