Post Production Facilities at Edinburgh Napier University
• 2x Projection/Screening Rooms which can cater for 60 and 40 people respectively. These spaces are also used for workshops and are full fitted out with facilities for the projection of 4K Blu-ray, DVD, Mini DV, VHS, and streaming from the internet through PC. There are also links in both studios to the Machine Room with an HD converter Box for HD projection.
• Avid Teaching Studio with 7 Avid Media Composer suites
In this room there is also viewing facilities for HDCAM, DigiBeta, Beta SP, HDV, Mini DV, DVD from the Machine Room.
• 5 x individual Avid Media Composer suites, in self-contained rooms.
• Avid Edit Room with 5 Avid Media Composer suites
• An Avid Online Media Composer with Symphony grading option and Avid Artist DNxIO interface. A 24TB RAID drive and 4k monitor.
• A DaVinci Resolve Online with Resolve Mini Panel and UltraStudio 4K Extreme interface. A 24TB RAID drive and 4K monitor.
• At the heart of our facility we have a 180TB Avid Nexis Media Server with Interplay and MediaCentral UX functionality.
Regarding the teaching Studios:
Studio 1 has HD projection and 5.1 audio and Studio 2 has up to 4K projection and 7.1 audio. Both can be linked to the Machine Room and the Online suites to playback HD to Studio 1 and HD, or 4K to Studio 2.
Audio Post-Production Facilities
Used for the final sound mix, this suite is equipped with the latest Pro Tools Ultimate software, Avid HD I/O Interface, Avid Sync HD, Avid ProTools | S3 and Avid ProTools | Dock control surfaces, Genelec 5.1 surround speakers, CB Electronics A-Mon studio monitor system, Focusrite ISA pre-amplifiers and a wide array of plug-ins.
Similarly, comprising of an AKG C414B microphone (although other microphones are available upon request), headphone amplifier and monitor, this fully soundproofed room allows the recording of any effects (e.g. footsteps, clothing or other spot effects) that need to be added to a film’s soundtrack.
Comprising of a Neumann TLM103 microphone (although other microphones are available upon request), headphone amplifier and monitor, this fully soundproofed room allows the recording of voiceover, ADR or narration to picture.
4 x individual Pro Tools suites
Used for sound editing, these suites are equipped with the latest Pro Tools Ultimate software, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Interface, Avid Artist-Mix controller, Genelec 8030 speakers and access to a range of plug-ins.
Sound Effects Library
For the sourcing of sound effects difficult to recreate, or for a quicker workflow, we have a comprehensive, centralised sound library offering a wide variety of sound effects and atmospheres that can be added to any Pro Tools session.